BCS automation is a Canadian owned and operated company that takes pride in its thriving operations since 1989. Over the past twenty-seven years, our experienced team of electrical automation specialists have successfully provided effective solutions to the most challenging industrial and marine automation projects. At BCS you can expect to develop and enhance your understanding and capabilities as an Electrical Control Systems Designer. In conjunction with a professional team of qualified and motivated automation specialists, BCS presents the opportunity to fulfill a multitude of career ambitions.
Electrical Control Systems Designer
- Location: Belleville, Ontario
- Vacancies: 1
- Terms of Employment: Full-time Permanent
- Employment Conditions: Monday to Friday (Days). In office as well as occasional travel to job sites.
Education: Electrical/Electronics Engineering Graduate from a recognized University or College
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experience with industrial control systems.
- Experience with marine control systems would be an asset.
- Experience leading projects and interfacing with clients.
- Previous experience with onsite start-up and commissioning.
- Experience in industrial PLC, HMI and PC based programming. Rockwell (RSLogix 5000 and FactoryTalk View) and Siemens (Step 7, PCS 7 and WinCC) would be an asset.
- Experience with:
- Variable frequency drives
- Motor control
- Power distribution
- Industrial grade networks
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve project ‘documentation’ objectives by: creating drawings, diagrams, reports, manuals and all tasks as required for the technical documentation requirements of a project. Detail electrical systems or components from engineering sketches. Read and interpret drawings and specifications received from clients.
- Achieve project ‘design’ objectives by: using BCS accepted practices for the development and testing of software and related tasks. Assist in researching and recommending best applicable technologies. Attend design review meetings and maintain project files.
- Achieve project ‘build’ objectives by: assembling, fabricating, wiring and testing of control equipment. Purchase and receive various types of equipment and supplies as required.
- Achieve project ‘on-site’ objectives by: performing engineering tasks including: assisting in system commissioning, installation, testing and start-up. Understand and follow client’s plant standards and safety regulations.
- Achieve ‘client service’ objectives by: assisting in providing appropriate technical support for client inquiries and requests for service. Troubleshoot various components, systems and situations. Utilize best techniques for troubleshooting client inquiries.
- Provide technical expertise as needed for the quoting process and for the purposes of selling the services of BCS.
How to Apply: Email résumé, cover letter and 2 references to: [email protected]